Cytomel Depo is a synthetic pill consisting of the thyroid hormone triiodothyronine. It offers the same benefits as natural thyroid, but can be administered orally, once each month.
- Cytomel is a synthetic form of the body’s natural thyroid hormone. It is used to treat low thyroid function and certain types of goiters (enlarged thyroid glands).
- Cytomel T3 is administered in the form of a tablet. It is available in a bottle containing 25 tablets, each containing 50 mcg of the active substance.
- The recommended daily dose for adults is 1–2 tablets. The total daily dose for adults should not exceed 4 tablets, i.e. 200 mcg of the active substance.
- All 100 Tabs Unless Stated
70 in stock
Cytomel is a brand name for the synthetic thyroid hormone triiodothyronine (T3). It is used for the treatment of obesity, especially in cases where low thyroid hormone levels are the cause, and pituitary-derived growth hormone deficiency.
- Cytomel is an artificial version of the hormone thyroxine, which is secreted by the thyroid gland to regulate metabolism. Several different types of medications, including steroids and other hormone medications, can reduce thyroid levels, leading to hypothyroidism (low thyroid).
- Cytomel, like other synthetic thyroid hormones, helps restore proper levels of thyroid hormones in patients with low thyroid resulting from these medicines. Cytomel is a potent synthetic form of the natural thyroid hormone triiodothyronine (T3). While the three naturally occurring hormones in your body (thyroxine, or T4, and T3, and tirodipine, or T2) are produced in small quantities at a very slow rate in the human body, Cytomel works very quickly to go into action.
- Therefore, it is very useful for people who require immediate thyroid hormone replacement but also poses some health risks to the body.
100 Unless It Stated